Fairway UWA offers an alternative pathway to UWA by supporting eligible students during Year 12.
The program recognises that students who face financial hardship and other difficult circumstances are often prevented from achieving their true academic potential.
- Benefits of the Fairway UWA Program
- Admission to UWA
- Ongoing Support to Fairway Students
- Apply For Fairway
Benefits of the Fairway UWA Program
If you are invited to join Fairway UWA, you will complete a program of activities that will help you achieve in Year 12, and beyond. The program includes:
- on-campus residential Summer School (all reasonable costs including travel will be covered by UWA)
- online study skills modules to complement your Year 12 studies
- mentoring by current UWA students
- an encouraging environment that will support you in Year 12
- extra resources to allow you to make the most of your potential
- membership to the helpful online tutoring resource Yourtutor.
- support in your transition to study at UWA
- a pathway to future study
You are eligible to apply to the Fairway program if you are in Year 11, studying WACE subjects, and:
- You are a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, citizen of New Zealand, or holder of an Australian Humanitarian Visa;
- Receive Youth Allowance and can demonstrate financial hardship;
- orYour family receives a means-tested Commonwealth benefit.
Once they have made a successful application, Fairway students who complete the program, and:
- achieve an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 70 or above;
- complete the requirements for the WA Certificate of Education;
- achieve UWA’s English Language Competence;
- and satisfy prerequisites for entry into a particular major,
will be eligible for an offer of admission in their choice of one of the University’s three-year undergraduate degrees (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Commerce).
Standard admission to these degrees requires a minimum ATAR of 80; successful Fairway students will be admitted with an ATAR of 70 or above.
Fairway students who are accepted into UWA will receive support with their transition. This includes:
- Information about Scholarships offered at UWA.
- Invitations to Fairway events such as a Welcome Lunch in first semester.
- Transitional help throughout the first year of university.
- Study groups for particular units throughout semester.
- Continued pastoral care across the years of an undergraduate degree.
Applications for the 2017 Fairway Cohort are open now and will close on August 31st.
For further information, please follow this link:
If you are in Year 11 at a high school in Western Australia, you can fill out the Registration Form for Fairway UWA 2017 in the link below:
Once you have Registered Online, you can make your Main Application to the Fairway UWA program online:
To complete your application, you must have your Year Coordinator or School Contact complete their part of the application with the School Nomination form:
If you have any questions or issues with the application, please contact us.