All international students must obtain a visa before travelling to Australia. For a full-time course, you will need a student visa which will cover the duration of your academic program.

If you have entered Australia on a temporary resident visa or another category of visa that allows you to study, you can enrol to study part-time but you will have to pay the full cost of your tuition before you commence your undergraduate or postgraduate studies.

Before applying for a student visa

You can apply for a student visa after you have received a Confirmation of Enrolment from the University.

The University will issue you with a Confirmation of Enrolment after you have formally accepted an offer of a place, returned your signed acceptance and refund forms, paid your fee for your first semester of study and arranged overseas student health cover.

Applying for a student visa

Students who are under 18 years of age will need to prove they have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements while studying in Australia. This means either having a carer and accommodation approved by the University or living in accommodation and a welfare arrangement approved by DIBP (this is usually a relative of the student).

Student visa holders are covered by the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) legislative framework. It is important that you understand your rights and responsibilities under this framework, particularly the student visa conditions including course progress requirements.