- Tertiary level (University) students
- To study at UWA as a study abroad or exchange student you should normally:
- • Have completed one semester of tertiary study at a recognised institution
- • Nomination from your home University to participate in the UWA Study Abroad program or by completing the Home University Authorisation form
- • Be in Good Academic Standing at your home University
- High School students
Completed a high school qualification in accordance with the admission requirements for entry to relevant Bachelor's degree programs at UWA (for example, BA and BSc).
English language requirements
Find out about our English language requirements.
What if I don't meet the standard English requirements?
If you have not achieved the minimum requirements for English language competence, you may be offered Conditional Admission at UWA. If this is the case, you must enrol in one (or two) unit(s) of English language (HUMA1901 and/or HUMA1902) in your first semester at UWA.
The acceptable scores for this conditional offer are:
- IELTS 6.0 (no band score below 5.5)
- Internet-based TOEFL 70 (17 in Listening, 19 in Speaking, 14 in Reading and 20 in Writing)
- Computer-based TOEFL 210
- Paper-based TOEFL 550
- UWA Centre for English Language Teaching (CELT) Bridging Course C+
Please contact your Study Abroad Adviser for more details.
UWA Centre for English Language Teaching
If you want to study at UWA but do not have the required level of English language proficiency for direct or conditional entry, you can attend the UWA Centre for English Language Teaching (CELT) to achieve the required levels prior to commencing at UWA.