While most Australian postgraduate students do not pay fees for research courses, international students must pay tuition fees unless they have a scholarship.

Australian students

Australian and New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are exempt from paying a contribution toward the cost of their research courses if UWA provides them with a Research Training Program place.

This exemption applies for up to four years full-time equivalent study for a doctorate by research and two years full-time equivalent study for a master's by research.

International students

All international students at UWA must pay tuition fees for research or coursework programs, unless they have a scholarship that covers the fees.

Scholarships and grants are available to postgraduate students.

Check the University's handbooks for any additional requirements details for your intended course.

Other fees