About the scholarship
UWA’s undergraduate scholarships will be awarded to eligible Indonesian students, from selected schools, who have excelled in their high school studies and will undertake a bachelor’s program at UWA, commencing in 2016 or 2017.
The scholarships apply for the durationof the course to UWA’s five broad undergraduate programs: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Science and the Bachelor of Philosophy.
The value of the scholarship is based on the applicant’s equivalent Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR):
|Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR)||Indonesian equivalent (SMA)||A-Level equivalent||IB equivalent||Annual scholarship (automatically awarded as follows):|
|90 or more||9.0||12||33||AUD $7,000|
How to apply
Applicants to the University are automatically considered and do not need to submit an application for this scholarship.
The scholarship offer must normally be accepted within 14 days from the date of the offer being made, after which time the University may cancel the scholarship offer.
1. To be eligible to be considered for a scholarship, a candidate must—
- be a citizen of the Republic of Indonesia;
- normally be enrolled in an Eligible School(1)
- have achieved an equivalent ATAR(2) of at least 85 in previous studies for entry into the University;
- be enrolled, or eligible to enrol, full-time in an undergraduate degree course.
2. To be eligible to take up a scholarship an awardee must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree course.
3. The number of scholarships available for award is determined by UWA Admissions, who are responsible for identifying appropriate recipients and authorising the issue of the scholarship offer
(1) Candidates who are not enrolled in an eligible school may be considered at the discretion of the Business Development Manager.
(2) An equivalent ATAR is determined by UWA Admissions from previous studies, for entry into the University.
Method of payment
The scholarship is:
- provided as a fee reduction towards the recipient’s eligible course fees; and
- applied to the recipient’s course fees in two equal instalments each year, one each semester.
Criteria for continuation
The recipient must—
- continue to meet the eligibility requirements;
- remain enrolled full-time;
- make satisfactory progress in accordance with the rules for the course for which the scholarship is awarded; and
- confirm twice annually, in the manner and by the dates specified by the University, that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
Scores needed, Schools eligible
Updated 4 Jul 2016