This course is available to Australian and international students.
On this page
Admission RequirementsTo be accepted an applicant must demonstrate that they have sufficient background and experience in independent supervised research to successfully complete a PhD. The normal requirement is for a bachelor's degree with at least upper second class honours in an appropriate discipline. However, applications are also considered from:
(1) graduates of this University (or equivalent) who can demonstrate to the University that they have had adequate research preparation since graduation;
(2) applicants who have previously undertaken work, which is of a sufficiently high standard, towards a research higher degree in this or another approved institution but have not submitted it for any degree and have had their research proposals approved; or
(3) applicants who have satisfactorily completed an acceptable preliminary program at this University or an approved institution and have had a research proposal approved by the University.
English competencySee the full list of English language requirements.
If you have undertaken prior tertiary study within the last five years, you may be eligible for advanced standing (credit and/or exemption).
Applications for advanced standing are assessed upon acceptance of any offer of admission made by the University.
On this page
As a rule, international students must:
- Have a bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline (where required), completed to a sufficiently high standard;
- Meet the specific prerequisites for the course. (Refer to admission requirements for this course)
- Meet UWA's English language requirement.
All prospective international students must meet the English language proficiency requirements of the University. Please refer to our English language competency requirements for the English language requirements for higher degrees by research.
Students with previous tertiary level qualifications will be considered for advanced standing (credit).