A UWA master's degree recognises your thorough understanding of a research field or area of professional practice.
Graduates possess a range of academic and vocational attributes, such as:
- advanced knowledge of a specialist body of topics
- high order skills in analysis, critical evaluation and / or professional application through the planning and execution of project work or a piece of scholarship or research
- creativity and flexibility in the application of knowledge and skills to new situations
- ability to solve complex problems and think rigorously and independently.
Master's degrees by coursework, administered by UWA's faculties can be either:
- coursework – coursework is 100 per cent of the degree requirements.
- coursework and dissertation – the dissertation component represents less than 66.6 per cent of the degree requirements.