Create ideas to be used in the development of advertising and communication programs, and plan and execute advertising campaigns.
As an advertising professional you will:
- plan and organise publicity campaigns and assign tasks to researchers and publicity writers
- appraise, revise and select material submitted by publicity writers, photographers, illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
- undertake or commission public opinion research, analyse the findings and plan public relations campaigns
- support business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- undertake or commission market research to identify market opportunities for new or existing products and services
- interpret and predict current and future consumer trends
- plan, develop and organise advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advise executives or clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, create consumer awareness and effectively promote the attributes of products or services
The following study pathway shows the most common and direct route for a UWA student to pursue this career.
The following majors are recommended to pursue this career:
Other relevant majors include:
Postgraduate study is not necessarily required for this occupation, but may be helpful for career advancement.
Relevant postgraduate courses include: