As an advertising professional you will:
- plan and organise publicity campaigns and assign tasks to researchers and publicity writers
- appraise, revise and select material submitted by publicity writers, photographers, illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
- undertake or commission public opinion research, analyse the findings and plan public relations campaigns
- support business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- undertake or commission market research to identify market opportunities for new or existing products and services
- interpret and predict current and future consumer trends
- plan, develop and organise advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advise executives or clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, create consumer awareness and effectively promote the attributes of products or services
Sources: myFuture and Australian Bureau of Statistics
Disclaimer: This page provides study pathway and career options as a guide only. You should contact the Admissions Centre, International Centre or relevant Faculties for full details.
The following study pathway shows the most common and direct route for a UWA student to pursue this career.
The following majors are recommended to pursue this career:
Other relevant majors include:
Postgraduate study is not necessarily required for this occupation, but may be helpful for career advancement.
Relevant postgraduate courses include: