Crawley Village

The University owns a number of unfurnished properties close to the Crawley Campus that are available for UWA students. Priority is given to students studying at postgraduate level.

Share accommodation

This can be a flat, unit or house, either sharing with other students or the owner of the property. Students usually have their own room, either furnished or unfurnished, with the use of the house / flat facilities.

Private board

Also known as full board, board or homestay, private boarding usually involves staying with a family and sharing meals and facilities. Homestay is a popular option for overseas, interstate and country students.

Renting or leasing

Some students rent or lease a flat, unit or house, either on their own or with friends. This involves signing a lease, normally for a period of at least six months. Costs vary depending on the location and condition of the property.

The UWA Housing Office manages a housing database which lists shared and private rental properties available to students. Independent Real estate agents also have details of rental properties.

If you haven't rented before you may like to view our Renter's Starter Guide with examples of prescribed tenancy forms.


It can be difficult for visiting and International students to arrange off-campus accommodation before they arrive in Perth. It is essential that you organise temporary accommodation for when you arrive for at least the first week or until you find suitable, more permanent accommodation.

Accommodation for staff and visiting academics

There are a number of housing options provided by the University for staff and visiting academics.


If you find yourself homeless and in distress, you can call emergency accommodation providers for help.

Further Information

  • Advice for visiting and international students
  • Housing Database

Staff and visiting scholars accommodation

Department of Commerce (formerly DOCEP)

Tenants Advice Service